Your roof is one of the most important aspects of your property. Yet, it often gets very little attention. Unless they experience a leak, many homeowners may not think about their roof for years. This is a mistake. Regular roof inspections in New Bern, NC are essential to protect your roof and your property.
How can you provide this proper care for your roof? Use the following tips on roof inspections in New Bern, NC to give your roof the attention it needs.
When was the last time you inspected your roof? While professional inspections are often necessary, you can and should regularly inspect the roof yourself. Keep these tips in mind:
- Frequency: Inspect your roof twice each year. Make it part of your fall and spring routines. Do additional inspections after severe weather. These regular inspections will allow you to keep close tabs on the health of your roof. You will spot problems while they are still small, so you can take action before they become major issues.
- Method: Walk around your perimeter and look for any obvious issues. Then, take a closer look at your shingles, gutters and flashing. Lastly, check your attic.
- Red flags: As you complete your inspection, look for signs of damage or aging. Watch for moss or algae growth. Look for any curled, buckled or missing shingles. Check for any sagging areas. See if the texture of your shingles has worn down. Inspect your gutters for open joins, rot or sagging. In the attic, look for any leaks or signs of drips or discoloration.
- Action: If you discover any of these red flags during your roof inspection in New Bern, NC, take action right away. Any delays in repairs can cause the roof to suffer more damage and lead to extensive damage to the rest of your property. Don’t hesitate to contact a roofing contractor in New Bern, NC to make the necessary repairs.
If you suspect you need a new roof or simply want a thorough inspection of your roof, a professional roof inspection in New Bern, NC is ideal. The roofing expert can provide a detailed inspection that will inform you of any action you need to take to repair or replace your roof. As you choose a roof inspector, look for the following qualifications:
- Experience: Does the roof inspector have experience in the industry? How long have they been working in the roofing field? Have they completed any training to qualify as a roof inspector?
- Integrity: When it comes to insurance claims and roof replacements, homeowners must be careful to avoid fraud. Be sure all roof inspector claims and proposals are legitimate. Stay in close communication with your insurance agency. Your inspector should not be handling the entire process for you.
- Reputation: Find out what others are saying about the roof inspector. Check their rating with the Better Business Bureau. Read online reviews. Ask for customer references. Others’ experiences with the company can help you determine if the inspector deserves your business.
If you have any questions about roof inspections in New Bern, NC or would like to schedule one, contact the roofing experts at Dallas Cherry Roofing. Our professionals will partner with you to properly maintain your roof for years to come.
Categorised in: Roof Inspection
This post was written by Writer