If you’re constructing a new home or renovating an existing one, you may be wondering whether a flat roof or a pitched roof is best. Choosing the right roof is an important decision that will affect how well your building functions as well as your budget for the project.
Today we’ll consider pitched roofs vs. flat roof sin New Bern, NC, and all the benefits and drawbacks to each.
Flat roofs are never completely flat, because there needs to be at least a slight pitch to take care of rainfall and allow it to drain. A flat roof may be a good choice for a commercial property or an extension building like a garage. The benefits to a flat roof include:
- This is often the least expensive option. It demands less construction and labor, and it can be completed in a shorter amount of time. If you’re on a tight budget, choosing a flat roof may be the way to go.
- The roof’s more compact design means it’s a good choice for certain kinds of buildings that don’t have the same demands as a traditional home.
- If you want to maximize the amount of light in the space, you can add a lantern skylight to a flat roof. This can create beautiful interior light.
The downside to these roofs is that they’re considered to have a shorter lifespan than pitched roofs, though new construction techniques are changing this. And if you’re planning on building a loft, well, that won’t be possible with a flat roof.
This is the more standard option for residential buildings, and includes two slopes that rise to form a peak. Let’s consider the benefits of pitched roofs:
- These are considered more durable and longer lasting than their flat counterparts.
- Pitched roofs often come with better insulation and waterproofing.
- Some people prefer the traditional look of a pitched roof. This choice is likely best if you want to fit in with the neighborhood.
- If you want to maximize space with a loft, this is only possible with a pitched roof.
- For rainfall drainage, pitched roofs will always be effective.
However, pitched roofs do tend to cost more than flat roofs. On the other hand, their durability can help prevent repair and replacement down the line.
Are you considering a pitched roof vs. a flat roof in New Bern, NC? Maybe it’s time to call in the experts to see what they think about your project. Since 1997, Dallas Cherry Roofing has been a premier service provider for all of your residential roofing needs.
Our expert team does it all when it comes to re-roofing, cleaning, repairs and installation. We only choose premium and high-quality products, and always offer complete on-site cleanup. You can trust Dallas Cherry Roofing, as we’re a quality and dependable company that makes customer satisfaction its top priority. In fact, we are so confident in our work that you can even inspect and review it to ensure it’s up to your standards. Contact us right now for a free estimate!
Categorised in: Roof Installation
This post was written by Writer